Company Products Novelties Awards Museum Contacts

New Page 1

Empresa

 

 

Coimbra de Mattos, Lda:








 

 

 

Quinta das Condessas

Situated on the western slope of Mount St. Leonardo Galafura, Quinta das Countess has its history linked to José Ayres de Mattos (born 09.16.1786), uncle great-grandfather of the current owners, who was brother of the Order of Hermits of St. Augustine Shoes, in the convent of Our Lady of grace in Lisbon.


Friar José de Mattos returned to his homeland, Galafura, after the extinction of the religious orders in 1836, following the Liberal Revolution. Moved to the call Old House in Causeway Street, destroyed by fire in 1950.


Was in the winemaking family history for having dedicated especially of vineyard plantation and beautification of the Fifth Countess, building himself many of the walls of the terraces or jeios existing cellar and there - the warehouse of the Countess.


The vineyard, with 12,5 hectares, was recently converted, having been preserved some of the walls in the vicinity of the tank and warehouse.

 

 

 

Coimbra de Mattos @ 2009                                                                                                                                                              By: Justweb.pt